Thursday, July 24, 2008

Another rainy day

So we spent the day on the boat. I am 99.9% finished with my cross stitch. Yeah! We also tackled some engine "issues" and Bill cleaned out the sump pumps - never a fun job. I cleaned down below and Bill did a lot of planning for the next month or so this afternoon. I also got to chat with my sister, Nancy, and Melanie, which was a treat.

We are in for the night (chili and a movie) and off early tomorrow for Cuttyhunk - if all goes according to plan, which we know it doesn't. I have been keeping track of mooring and slip reservations in a notebook, which also includes (tentative) future dates and destinations. Right now my notebook is full of scratched out lists and torn out pages (I have to get over having a "perfect" to-do / to-go list or else I am going to drive myself [and Bill] crazy!)

And Bill and I wanted to clarify. We are not complaining that we are "stuck" in Nantucket. Poor us, right?!!!? Nantucket has been amazingly beautiful and a lot of fun. We just didn't think that we would be here for a week!

Here are some pictures of one of the storms (we have had several today) that passed through. Thanks Capt Dave for the heads up - or else we would have been sailing in this mess.

Posted by Picasa