Saturday, August 16, 2008

Up the mast... sort of

For awhile now, Bill has wanted someone to go up the mast to polish some stainless that has rust on it. There were two options... one, Bill could go up, which he has done before. This would involve me getting him up and down using the electric winch, however, which I have not done before. Option two was for me to go up the mast. I am not afraid of heights, and I trust Bill to get me up and down safely. So, we vied for option 2. Yesterday afternoon, after we polished the stainless on the deck of the boat, I got in the bosun's chair and up I went. I only made it to the first set of spreaders though (about a third of the way up the 64 foot mast). It is scary up there! Here are a few pictures from my sort-of adventure. We'll finish the chore in Annapolis when someone can help us.



We stayed in last night, played Yahtzee, watched a movie, had a big pasta dinner and experienced a pretty sunset on the river.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: