Friday, March 6, 2009

Marina activities

We have had a week full of marina activities. Last night the marina sponsored a happy hour and appetizers gathering at a nearby restaurant. It was nice to meet and chat with some of the people who have been here all winter and hear their stories. We are the newest addition to Hall of Fame. Most people bring (or leave) their boats here each year and have for a long time.


Monday night we had our boat neighbor over for dinner. Again it was nice to get to know the people who live right next door to us. And in a marina we all spend a lot of time in close proximity.

Tuesday night we went to a local restaurant with another boat neighbor. We had a great meal and conversation. Today Bill and I are going to do a few errands. I have to pack and get ready for DC. I leave tomorrow to visit Katie and help out with the new baby who is expected today!

We have been playing a lot with our new Kindle, which came in the mail when we were in St. Pete. I also think that I have my taxes figured out with the help of Fran at the State Department. I never received my W2s but she put me in touch with the right people so a duplicate can be sent to our FL address. With Cindy's help we figured out that it makes the most sense to become Florida residents. Our car is registered here, we will be here for the next year at least (off an on anyway), we are exempt from the boat tax since we bought the boat in MD over two years ago, etc. And FL has no state income tax.

On another note, Bill and I hope that Beeb feels better very soon.

These pictures are all of our visit to St. Pete last weekend.

No comments: