Sunday, May 25, 2008

Emails from Bill

Here are parts of a few emails from Bill. While he is on passages, he is able to check email via "sail mail" once a day via the single-sideband radio.


Friday:
It's just about midnight and I'll be getting off watch soon so I thought I'd let you know how the day went. Like I told you we left about 9:15 this morning and motored around the north part of the island and past all the reefs but we had to motor sail for a lot of the day until about 4 when the wind shifted and we finally got the jib out. Then until it got dark we had a bitchin' sail (the kind you hate) and averaged around 7 kts when we put in a couple of reefs to flatten out the boat for sleeping etc. Since then we're still sailing averaging a little more than 6 kts. Very nice sunset tonight! About an hour ago the Norwegian Dawn came by a couple of miles away all lit up...pretty cool. And just a little while ago the moon came up and looks almost full.

Saturday:
So not much else happened overnight. We're motor sailing again because the winds died down and aren't quite in the right direction. Even though it isn't raining it's overcast and not real warm with fairly quiet seas. I'm probably going to go back and crash for awhile since I did two watches last night and didn't sleep much when I had the time off. What's the plan for tonight? Let's see I'm probably just going to hang out on the boat!

No comments: