Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Whiling away the time in Bermuda...

Bill here, reporting from beautiful Bermuda. As Lauren mentioned we've been waiting it out until the weather breaks even though I won't be able to leave until Al and his buddy get here on Monday. Bermuda is really pretty but I still haven't gotten out of St. Georges. Lauren is coming for a few days on Thursday and I'm going to wait to rent a scooter and do "touristy" stuff until she gets here. And still the weather isn't cooperating. Today we're having winds gusting in excess of 40 knots. The harbor is as frothy as any body of water I've ever seen and even though we were supposed to vacate the cruise ship dock today, we've been able to stay since the cruise ships have a 20 knot restriction to enter the tight harbor entrance. The weather guessers are now saying "maybe Sunday"...might very well work out for me to leave with the fleet. One other interesting thing occurring...right next to the cruise ship dock is an unpaved parking lot where tons of some sort of ash/mud/dirt/sand is blowing onto our boats. In between we're having rain showers that turn it into mud rather than washing it off. Everyone who knows me understands this is driving me crazy but there is no electricity or water at the dock to do anything about it! That's it for now. Bill standing by in Bermuda....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mud on the S.V. Mary Elizabeth will cover up the puke stains and dings in the gel coat that I caused but I can understand that this is too much to ask of even Caribbean Bill. Stay strong, my friend.

- Cindy