Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Dad's Here



Bill left the boat around 10:15 to pick up my dad at Ft. Lauderdale airport. He is visiting for a few days to play golf, get some sun, and escape the snow in Boston. I didn't go to the airport since they are heading straight to the golf course. Another cold front has moved through so it is chilly - but I think my dad will enjoy since it isn't 10 degrees and snowing.

Bill and I watched most of the inauguration on TV yesterday. What an event. The energy in DC was incredible. If we were still 'home' I think it would have been a tough decision whether or not to brave the crowds (and cold) and partake in the festivities or stay home in Alexandria and watch the ceremonies on TV.


Last night we had a nice dinner with Juan, who is in Lauderdale for the winter - actually the boat is just two marinas down from where Mary Elizabeth is docked. Amy is back in Annapolis. It was nice to see a familiar face and to catch up!

No comments: